I watched The Secret Life of Walter Mitty last night. The Rotten Tomatoes reviews aren’t very good for that movie, however, I find that most people who write reviews try too hard and only like complex art house movies and reject anything main stream or feel good. Like all those people who pretend to understand and respect rubbish art because they’re too afraid to say they have no idea whats going on.
Anyway, I love that movie, I love the long board scene. Mostly I just love this idea that an ordinary guy (girl) can suddenly be thrust into adventure. Always be open to a little adventure. It’s a big world out there, there’s always more.. always.
As I write this I’m enjoying cabbage soup for breakfast. I remember when I was a teenager the Cabbage Soup Diet was all the rage and making the rounds promising quick weight-loss. I even tried it, starved for a whole week. The actual soup is pretty nice though, watery, doesn’t leave you feeling full or bloated. I made a version in the slow cooker a couple of days ago. However, this time I’m enjoying it with a sneaky bit of garlic bread.
- 1/2 head of cabbage (chopped)
- 1 cup of carrot (diced)
- 1 cup of celery (diced)
- 1 brown onion (diced)
- 4 cups of veg stock
- 2 cans of chopped tomatoes
- 1 tsp of oregano
- 1/2 tsp of paprika
- Touch of black pepper
- Sprinkle of salt
- Put all the ingredients in the slow cooker on high for 6 hours
Keeps in the fridge for about 3 days.. If you want to do the actual diet:
Eat as much cabbage soup as you like! And..
- Day 1 – Eat only fruits, except bananas
- Day 2 – Start the day with a baked potato, then only non-starchy vegetables
- Day 3 – Only fruits and vegetables (expect starchy ones or bananas)
- Day 4 – Only bananas, yogurt (can be vegan) and milk (or alternative)
- Day 5 – Only tomatoes and proteins
- Day 6 – only veggies (no starchy ones) and proteins
- Day 7 – Only fruits, vegetables and juices (no bananas or starchy vegetables)
Either-way, cabbage is loaded with nutrients and is super healthy so get it in ya!