A mushroom walks into a bar..
Bartender looks up an says “we don’t serve your kind in here”
Mushroom “Why not? I’m a fun guy”.. Fungi
What’s winter without a hearty pasta dish..
- 2 cups of soaked cashews
- 3 cups of veg stock
- 400g of brown cap mushrooms (sliced or quartered)
- 1 large brown onion
- 1 tablespoon of minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon of paprika
- 1/2 a cup of thinly sliced sun-dried tomatoes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 3 cups of pre-cooked gluten free pasta spirals
- First, place soaked cashews and 2 cups of veg stock into blender and pulse into a smooth paste, set aside.
- Next, heat oil in pan and saute onions till soft, add garlic and cook for a further 4 mins.
- Add mushroom and cook until mushrooms are browning on edges.
- Add cup of veg stock and simmer for 5 mins.
- Next add the pasta, the sun-dried tomatoes, paprika and cashew paste.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Mix and enjoy.
Sneaky tip: if you put your mushrooms in the sun they absorb the vitamin D and give you that extra boost.