It’s really hot today, sticky hot. In Tasmania we don’t get a lot of these Really hot days so I try to make the most of it. My girls and I went to the beach, I got burnt. I was, for the record, wearing sunscreen but I probably didn’t put enough on. The water was really refreshing and felt great against my sun-burnt skin.
Before we left I made an early lunch. On days like today I think carbs and salts are important, and plenty of water. So I made a vegan bolognese with GF pasta.
And here it is,
- 1 medium brown onion (diced)
- 1 zucchini (finely diced)
- 1 large carrot (finely diced)
- 1 cup of chopped baby spinach
- 1 1/2 cups of cooked brown lentils
- 1 cup of cooked cannellini beans
- 400g of chopped tomatoes
- 1/3 cup of water
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of chopped garlic
- 1 table spoon of Massel’s chicken stock powder
- 1 heaps tablespoon of dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon of dried basil
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- Dash of pepper to taste
- In olive oil saute chopped onion on medium heat, when onion begins to soften add garlic and cook for 2-3 mins
- Next add zucchini, carrot and salt, saute for 5-6 mins
- Next add water, chopped tomatoes, stock, oregano, basil, pepper and baby spinach, stir the ingredients together and cook till carrots have softened
- Lastly add the pre-cooked (or tinned) lentils and cannellini beans, and cook for 5 mins stirring consistently
Serve with gluten free spaghetti, but also nice over a baked potato.
I added cayenne pepper to mine for a little heat!
Health and Happiness,