Yesterday in the photocopy room at work I was thoughtlessly waiting for my printing to complete and reading the generic work posters scattered across the back wall. What caught my attention was something written on the mindfulness in the workplace poster. Step 1 to mindfulness in the workplace it said was to “get to know who you really are, not who you think you are”. How true is that! Who am I really? compared to who I want to be or who I think I am. It’s impossible to change or break bad habits if we can’t see ourselves for who we really are. In light of this latest photocopy room epiphany I’ve been thinking more about my actions and if they line up with who I think I am and who I want to be. It is spring after all and all the plants are blooming and every day is a medley of all the seasons, it’s a good time to think about change. Tonight I made some Citrus Satay Gravy to coat roast veggies.. Because I Want to be healthy but enjoy a little creamy coconut goodness on the side.. I mean, can’t be perfect.
Citrus Satay Gravy Ingredients
- 1 heaped tablespoon of crushed garlic
- 1 heaped tablespoon of crushed ginger
- 1/2 a cup of crushed peanuts
- 2 tablespoons of 100% peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon of curry powder
- 1 tablespoon of red curry paste
- 1 teaspoon of turmeric
- 1 teaspoon of garam masala
- 1 fresh squeezed lemon
- 50ml of full cream coconut milk or cream
- 1/4 cup of water
- 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil
- Heat oil in pan
- Add garlic and ginger to oil and cook for 3mins or until garlic starts to pop.
- Next add curry paste, crushed peanuts and peanut butter, saute for 5 mins.
- Next add turmeric, curry powder, garam masala, coconut milk, water and lemon juice.
- Simmer for 5mins.
Pour over rice or your favourite vegetables. Can be kept in the fridge, however, the coconut milk will cause the sauce to thicken, in that case, add some water.
Health and Happiness,
One thought on “Citrus Satay Gravy”
Yum!! This looks good