A quick easy recipe today I’ve been dying to try. I just love Peppermint and so does my daughter. We got a little messy after school, covered in chocolate and dough. However, got there in the end and the final product was very moreish and yummy.
Why not make some before the US election to soften the blow.. “Well at least we made choc peppermint patties”.
- 500g of icing sugar
- 100g of Nuttelex (soft but not melted)
- 3 tablespoons of glucose syrup
- 1 tablespoon of natural peppermint essence
- 200g of dark chocolate
- Place the icing sugar, Nuttelex, syrup and peppermint essence into a mixer
- Mix on low/medium until the mixture has formed into a dough
- Cut the dough into small sections and form the pieces into small ovals and place on a tray
- Place the tray in the freezer for 20mins (this will help them firm up, ready for the chocolate)
- Next.. Melt the chocolate (place ceramic bowl with chocolate in hot water to melt gently)
- Finally, the fun part, take the patties out of the freezer, coat them in the chocolate, place back onto the tray, place the tray in the fridge to cool..
Then eat! Or save them for the election..
Health and Happiness