I just went to the clothes line to collect my lovely clean white sheets. Such warm weather and great for drying. Managed to wash all the sheets. The only thing about the nice the weather is all the birds are about enjoying the sunshine too. And as a result, my clean white sheets are splattered with grey and brown poop. Nevermind, I’ll just scrape it off. I mean, bird poo is goodluck right?
Anyway, it’s also great weather for enjoying some sweet treats. I made some cocoa pops and honey crackles in practice for the next primary school fair. Kids loved them, adults ate them and the rest are going to school in lunch boxes. Just make sure everyone brushes their teeth.
Cocoa Crackles Ingredients
- 4 cups of rice puffs or rice bubbles
- 1 cup of icing sugar
- 2 tablespoons of cocoa powder
- 1 cup of desiccated coconut
- 250g of copha
- In a large bowl mix the rice puffs, icing sugar, cocoa powder and coconut. Set aside.
- Melt the copha over medium heat in a small saucepan
- Pour the melted copha over the rice puff mixture and mix in well
- Scoop the mixture into cupcake containers
- Place in the fridge for 20mins to cool and set
Honey Joys Ingredients
- 4 cups of cornflakes
- 1/3 cup of white sugar
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- 90g of Nuttalex
- Pre-heat oven at 180°
- In a small saucepan, on medium heat, melt the Nuttalex, sugar and honey. Bring to the boil till all the sugar is dissolved and the mixture has bubbled
- In a large bowl mix the melted mixture with the cornflakes, till well coated
- Scoop into cupcake containers and place in the oven for 10mins
- take out and leave to harden and cool
Health and Happiness,